We haven't made it out to any garage sales this spring (we call them treasure hunting), but I have found some AMAZING DEALS on Craigslist over the past few months and I wanted to share with you my top tips on finding a great deal!
1. Know what exactly you are looking for, how much it would cost retail, and how much you are willing to spend.
2. If you are purchasing baby gear and appliances be aware of potential recalls.
3. If it is electronic always ask to plug it in or carry extra batteries in the car with you to test it out.
4. Bring your own bag, box, etc...
5. Only buy items that are new, like new, or in very excellent used condition. You would be surprised to see what people get rid off!
6. Finally, don't be afraid to bargain! Just because a price is placed on an item doesn't mean it is really the finally price or if purchasing multiple items from the same seller ask for a "package deal." The worst they can say is no, and it doesn't hurt to try!
Here are a few of the amazing deals I have found over the last few months:
*60+ My Little Ponies, 5 MLP play houses, shops, etc, 3 MLP vehicles, and a ton of MLP accessories:
I paid $50 for everything, individual MLP alone retail for $5/per pony
*The entire Radiator Springs Geo Trax collection including The Radiator Springs Train plus tracks and 10 Radiator Springs Vehicles: I paid $30, The Radiator Springs Geo Trax alone on Amazon is $106
*One of my favorite finds I picked up this evening. This couples little girl apparently had expressed interest in trains; however, after purchasing the below items she really did not have any interest in playing with them. All of these items are literally brand new! What a great find. My littlest Superhero is in love with trains, and I know will play with these for years to come.
Here is what I got:
26 Metal Thomas the Trains
1 Electric Thomas the Train plus 2 cars
3 Thomas play stations
1 Thomas the Train crane
1 Thomas the Train carrying case
30 pieces of track
All for a grand total of $45! Metal Thomas the Trains alone each run retail between $6-$12 depending on if they light up or talk. At least 8 of those trains talk and light up!
Hopefully, this has inspired a few of you to go out and look for a good deal this weekend!
Linking up with: